Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Coram Deo


Latin words. It means "Before the face of God."

Martin Luther said that the goal of christian living is Coram Deo. That is to live constantly before the face of God.
It is so difficult it's impossible.

Our daily living is filled with rushing here and there, meals to prepare, children to care for, laundry to load, dishes to wash. Blogs to write :P. We sometimes forget that we are living in the presence of God who watches over us quietly, patiently, lovingly, Himself never ceasing to work to hold all things together for this world to keep on turning, turning.

Only by surrendering ourselves to the Holy Spirit can we strive for corum deo.

Yes, I do not want to give up living corum deo just because it is impossible. It's precisely that it is impossible that I could be glad in knowing that Christ Himself through His Holy Spirit will enable me to live this way.
During the day when I suddenly remember that He is present always, I should talk to Him, or sing a song of praise, or reciting a memory verse. Always saying, "Thank You, Lord, for this moment. For this city where I live. For this house. For this family." Anything.
Oh, may His grace enable me to do this. Always.

May I never be too sick for this. Even when I'm old. Even when I have alzheimer, dementia or anything of that kind. May I never forget Him who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Just a thought and a prayer for today.

23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. 1 Th 5:23-24

No comments: