Thursday, July 2, 2009

Psalm 103:14 and Matthew 28:20

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. Mt 28:20

When I look at my newborn, so small and fragile, yet so beautiful and precious. I am reminded at how small I also must have been, once.
I am trying to take it all in, to always remember her this way. I feel like I could never be angry at her. Discipline her, being ever so slightly harsh on her? I know I must do that some day (like her big brother surely can testify). But I just cannot picture it right now.

Whatever she will become, however naughty, she will always be my baby.
She will always be this precious. If only I could always remember her this way.

Then I realized that this must be the way God remembers us.
HE, the Almighty, never forgets.
He must have remembered how fragile we are, how small, how precious.
Is it any wonder that He loves us to pieces?
Is it any wonder that He even redeemed us by death upon a cross?

11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.

The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. Ps 103:11-14

No comments: