Saturday, September 26, 2009

happiness is Seeing your daughter smile to a picture of shinkansen on the wall


(picture taken from http://digitalcitizen.ca/ with thanks)

When my son was a baby, he loved to look at a pooh plush toy sitting beside his changing table every time he was being changed. I remembered that lesson to heart. Before Emma was born I looked for a vivid picture, maybe in black and white, that might be her company beside her cot or changing table.

At the last minute, I found an old place mat of Shinkansen from my dining room. I almost threw it away a year ago, we've had it for so long.
I'm glad I didn't.
I knew the stark blue on white and the cute smiley face would attract a baby, hopefully would make her feel better during changing time.
I involved the big brother to paste it on the wall beside her changing table. He is now happy that she likes it.

Indeed, it works like a charm !
Emma always looks at the picture automatically since she was a newborn, and now even coos and smiles to it. Countless times we have thanked God for it, because it stops her from crying.
Little shinkansen has really been a comfort to Emma during those dirty diaper times. And a big help to us.
Choo choo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very lovely and touching story. I'm glad I could contribute a tiny bit to your post with the graphic. Feel free to use any others on the site. It's what they're there for.

hennylee said...

Thank you for your generosity :D