Monday, March 31, 2008

Hosanna!

On Friday 11am we found our son at the emergency room. He looked fine. Except when the doctor opened the bandage on his forehead I saw a deep gash of over 1 inch long. THEN I felt like the world was a blur around me. Immediately I asked the Lord God to take over. "Please help him, Lord!" I cried out, over and over in my heart.

Nothing seemed to happen afterwards. We had to wait for 8 hours before he actually walk into the operating theater. But now I realized that God had been busily working behind the scenes. He sent a very capable plastic surgeon along with a very nice team of doctors. I know because I went into the operating room to send him off to sleep (general anaesthetic).

Now he is at home. Cheerful. Good appetite. And the forehead look like it's going to go back to its usual shape. Amazing.

Thank you for all who were and is still praying for him.

I hope I don't ever have to go through any of that ever again. But even in the valley of darkness, I know He was there. Just as surely as He is here with us now.

And my son also learned to conquer his fear. We sang his favorite praise songs together outside the operating room. I quoted Proverbs 3:5-6 to remind him of God's trustworthiness.

Oh, praise Him!
Rejoice with me with this song Hosanna by Paul Baloche.

No comments: