Monday, April 7, 2008

To Feed A Boy


Most children are fussy to some degree about their food.
Most parents are anxious about what their kids eat or don't eat.
I am one of those parents. Though I have to say, not so severe. ;P

I learned to pick my battles wisely.
For instance, my son this month discovered that he sort of likes yellow cherry tomatoes. So I decided to give him more of those, and less of the ones he doesn't like. This way I am happy, and he is happier.
After all a happy heart makes a hearty appetite.
Or something like that.

And our Lord Jesus did say that little children (and adults!) live not by food alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4; Luke 4:4; Deuteronomy 8:3). So I guess if I must choose, I would prioritize fussing over his Bible-reading habit more.

We all try. In His grace.

Happy feeding your kids today!

No comments: