Thursday, November 20, 2008

Trusting in my Father in Heaven

So yesterday we found out my son contracted HFMD (hand foot mouth disease). It's a deadly disease caused by virus that usually affect children.
Thank God the doctor says, for his case it will go away after a week.

But the thing is I'm almost 3 months pregnant. As all pregnant people know, chicken pox or rubella virus, etc, is fatal for foetuses.
The doctor said that as long as I don't get it, the baby would not be in danger.

So now we are keeping my 9 year old in his room, contented and happy with room service (by his dad). Thank God it is holiday also, no school.

At first I was worried sick because I am very close to my son. Just a half hour before we found the red dots on his palms and soles of his feet, I was hugging him. Surely I might get infected!

That night my husband prayed for the joy of the Lord to be my strength.
I stood up after that prayer much strengthened. The Lord's joy is a powerful thing indeed.

I reminded myself that He is my shield. He is my baby's shield also, as He forms him/her in the most secret place of the earth, in my womb! He who is in control over every molecule in this universe is in control over those viruses. He knows what is best for me and my family.

Thy will be done. Whatever happens, this baby is His.

Genesis 15:1
After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:
“Do not be afraid, Abram.
I am your shield,
a
your very great reward.
b
a Or sovereign
b Or shield; your reward will be very great
The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. Ge 15:1

No comments: