Monday, February 4, 2008


"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. 1 Jn 3:1

I was talking to my young son about his status as a child of God the other day. That he should start living according to that wonderful fact.
Then this morning it dawned even more on myself (you know, sometimes we may 'talk' but missed the 'walk').
I am a child of God ! How cool is that.
It's this cool:
Bought me with nothing less than the blood of His beloved Son. Given me His Holy Spirit so His presence shall forever go with me to comfort and lead me.

I am a child of God. That means I have a father, GOD: Creator, Sovereign, everything in this vast universe is under His control. Nothing can snatch me away from Him. He has given everything to save me and in the future will give me everything associated with being a child. We are joint heir with Christ !

Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear. His presence endures as I cross the raging river to reach the Celestial City on the other side.

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. Ro 8:38-39
And when compared to the sinful state He rescued me from. How great is the love of GOD! That I should be able to call Him FATHER!

No comments: