Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Philippians 1:6

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. Php 1:6

Last night my son and I attended a concert by Steve Green.
He enjoyed it very much. I'm so glad.
Steve Green did not just sing, but also teach us God's Word through it.
We came away comforted by God's sovereignty, Christ's Lordship and our Blessed Hope: His Second Coming.

Every song ministered to me immensely. But I want to share just one.
The title is "He who began a good work in you".
I'm sure some of you know the song. The lyrics are as follows:

Chorus:
He who began a good work in you
He who began a good work in you
Will be faithful to complete it
He'll be faithful to complete it
He who started the work, will be faithful to complete it in you

If the struggle you're facing
Is slowly replacing
Your hope with despair
Or the process is long
And you're losing your song
In the night you can be sure
That the Lord has His hand on you
Safe and secure
He will never abandon you
You are His treasure
And He finds His pleasure in you
chorus

It comforts me that the Lord GOD is faithful to complete the work He had begun in me.
He had saved me from my sins. He had delivered me to a new life in Him. He also will continue to mold me and shape me until I see Him in heaven again, looking eye to eye with Him, perfect as He is perfect (for no one less than holy can see Him or be in His presence).

It means that He is also faithful to complete the work He had begun in my son.
I know my son loves and believes in Jesus, a saving faith. Yet which mother can really be sure?
This verse through that song comforted me. That God also will be faithful to complete HIS work in my son.

Oh, such peace to be in my Shepherd's everlasting arms!

No comments: