Monday, July 7, 2008

God's Will

How do we know God's will? ...
But it's not like God is hiding His will and waiting for us to find out what it is. Oh, no.

It's more like God leading me and me just follow trustingly. That's all there is.

There's nothing mystic about it.
All we have to do is pray to the Lord, tell Him all that is in our heart. Our concerns, the confusion and fear. Ask Him to keep us in His way regarding what we must do. Ask Him to protect us from wrong decisions.

He is powerful to answer us. He will never abandon us. That is His promise in the Bible again and again. He will never abandon us to our bad choices, if we earnestly seek His will.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. Pr 3:5-6


So I should truly trust in Him and not doubt. Why should I doubt Him, that somehow He is going to lose control and let me go? Never.
Jesus gave His life for me on the cross. He died in my place.
What makes me think that He would let me go? Never.

That's how we can know God's will. Not that we know for sure, but that we trust His leading as we decide prayerfully.

Along the process and even afterwards we would still be haunted by whether or not the decision is right. But let's put our trust in Him. If He already impressed upon our heart what we must do, confirmed by advice from godly friends and family too, we should just rest in Him.

Only much later will we see the big picture. How beautiful everything is in God's time.
Oh, yes, we can count on it.

No comments: