Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sovereign God

Today as I walk home from the market, listening to a song from Bob Fitts on my ipod, I was thinking about God. The pathway is winding between two apartment buildings (a condo and an hdb block), with leafy trees on one side and grass on the other.

I look at myself walking ever onward towards home. Every step takes me closer. The road is hot and sometimes gravelly, but I press on knowing full well that it will soon be over. Another half a mile.

I look at the road ahead of me and realised something.
God is already there. He knows where I'm going. He always knows. He always protects.
He is powerful to use everything for His glory. Even the bad things.
Nothing can happen outside His knowledge.
The wicked and the righteous will both be put to justice.

My road is known to Him. He knows where I'm going and He is taking me there.
This love relationship that I have with my Father in heaven is real.
I'm so glad He answers prayers. I'm so glad He is sovereign.
My heart can trust in Him.

Fully.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. Je 29:11

1 comment:

Debb said...

This is a really good testimony. I really like it and it's very encouraging in this marathon of life we're in. God bless you, sister!