Monday, July 21, 2008

His Eye Is On the Sparrow


ps: bird in picture not a sparrow

In the morning the birds sound so happy. Maybe because it was raining all morning.
They were busily chirping in the trees below our apartment. Some were singing outside our breakfast window. It really seemed to me like they were talking to each other in loud cheery voices.

The rain lasts all day long. This is such a welcome respite after a week of humidity.

I love it that the birds are not intimidated to approach our windows.
Thank You, God, for the birds this morning.

Luke 12: 6-7, "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
The Holy Bible : New International Version. Grand Rapids : Zondervan, 1996, c1984, S. Lk 12:6-7

This song below come to mind.
Hymn: His Eye Is On the Sparrow
text by mrs. C.D. Martin

1. Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart be lonely
and long for heaven and home,
When Jesus is my portion?
My constant friend is he:
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know he watches me.


Refrain:
I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
for his eye is on the sparrow,
and I know he watches me.


2. "Let not your heart be troubled,"
his tender word I hear,
and resting on his goodness,
I lose my doubts and fears;
though by the path he leadeth
but one step I may see:
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know he watches me.
(Refrain)


3. Whenever I am tempted,
whenever clouds arise,
when song gives place to sighing,
when hope within me dies;
I draw the closer to him,
from care he sets me free:
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know he watches me.
(Refrain)

No comments: